As a follow-on from the discussion about the most improved player, how about this team as a representative side for the Woodhouse:
1. Andrew Ledger (P7 W5 D2) Sheffield A
2. Oskar Hackner (P8 W5 D3) Sheffield D
3. Jean-Luc Weller (P11 W7 D3 L1) York RIA
4. Michael Round (P11 W6 D5) Rose Forgrove A
5. Darwin Ursal (P8 W5 D3) Calderdale A
6. Jim Nicholson (P9 W7 D2) York RIA
7. Martin Carpenter (P11 W9 D2) York RIA
8. Nicholas Mahoney (P11 W6 D4 L1) Doncaster
76 appearances across 8 boards, and only 2 defeats. I’ve tried to find players who play consistently at each of the board numbers (8 was the hardest to find a player for, as no one consistently plays there for any team but Nick’s average was 7.4 so seemed appropriate given his record this year).
I really like the idea of having an unofficial Olympiad-style board prize list!
It’s tough to argue with anybody who’s on the list, although being partisan, I would have to suggest Mike Walker as an alternative for Oskar or Jean-Luc – he only lost one game and even that was due to a blunder!
PS – I am happy to say that I contributed to 50% of the above team’s defeats this season .